If you’ve been looking to score some Costco Waterpik savings, there are better ways to save some money. The Waterpik inventory offered by Costco is more money in most cases. This is because they don’t offer just the water flosser alone. Instead, like many of the big box stores, Costco bundles the Waterpik with other products that you might really want. This often results in having to spend more money, to get what you really want.
So How Do I Score The Best Deal On A Waterpik?
There are a number of places online where you can purchase a Waterpik. The best deals, with the least amount of hassle, have consistently been found on Amazon. Consider our best selling countertop model the Waterpik WP-560. It’s perfect for the typical family, who share the bathroom in the morning.
Meet The Waterpik WP-660
Meet The Waterpik WP-560
Not exactly what you’re looking for? Perhaps you want your own water flosser to use. If you do a bit of traveling, or live in a college dorm, the Waterpik WP-560 is our best selling model that is portable.
So what’s better than a Costco Waterpik? Getting it from Amazon! They offer the best price at the time of this article’s writing. Not only will you save money, but you will receive free shipping as well. Amazon will ship any order over $35 for free, or if you have Prime, you can receive 2-day shipping at no extra cost.
Costco Waterpik Disadvantages
One of the biggest downsides of purchasing a Costco Waterpik is that a membership is required. Costco memberships start at $60 per year and go up from there. If you’re not a regular shopper here, than this would mitigate any savings on the unit. This of course assumes you would be interested in buying a Waterpik bundle instead of just the unit you’re interested in.
One of the other main considerations when considering a Costco Waterpik is the fact that more often than not, the prices include a rebate. I’m not sure if you’ve ever taken the time to fill out a rebate form, but they don’t seem to workout too often. I cannot remember the last time I actually received a rebate I was promised. It could be my fault, not following a direction amongst the fine print. However, I will always prefer an instant discount, that I don’t have to work for and no possibility of forgetting later.
No matter what Costco Waterpik model you were after, you will see that you can purchase just the device you really want. There is no need to pay inflated costs to Costco. They have a bad habit of bundling it with other things you probably don’t really need. It’s important to know that there are lots of other options when it comes to keeping your oral health at it’s best. One our favorites include the Waterpik toothbrush combination unit. We hope our insight into the Costco Waterpik has been helpful, and hopefully saves you a few of your hard earned dollars.
The Sonicare HX6817, also known as the ProtectiveClean 4100, is probably the best Sonicare electric toothbrush on the market. This model absolutely packs the features in. Sure, there are a couple of shortcomings with the toothbrush, but nothing that outweighs the plethora of benefits that the Sonicare HX6817 brings to the table.
At the heart of any quality rechargeable toothbrush is the battery. Get the wrong battery inside an electric toothbrush and you are opening up a can of worms. Poor quality batteries lead to long charging times. They can deal with less usage before needing to be charged again. They also tend to die a whole lot sooner. Not an issue with this Sonicare electric toothbrush.
This toothbrush contains a Lithium-Ion battery. On a single charge you should be able to get 14-days of use out of it. That is 28 brushes. However, since this is a Lithium-Ion battery, you do not have to wait until it is fully drained before you can charge it. Since Lithium-Ion batteries do not have the ‘memory effect’ which is the downfall of most batteries on the market, you can put it on charge whenever you want. It isn’t really ideal, but it can be done. In either case, Lithium-Ion batteries will last a whole lot longer than batteries found in a lesser rechargeable toothbrush.
Best Sonicare Toothbrush Technology
People pick up a Sonicare electric toothbrush because they want to benefit from Sonicare technology. It is this technology which seems to give the best possible clean out of competing products on the market.
When you use the HX6817, the toothbrush will swish a small amount of water around your teeth. This produces a better clean, as the water moving around will have a sort-of ‘flossing’ effect on you. It will get down there in your gums and between your teeth. Areas that a brush may struggle to reach. This provides a deeper and far-better clean.
Tons of Brush Heads Available
Yes. You will only have one brush head available in the box, but it is easy to get your hands on various other products in the Sonicare range. Every single brush head released by Phillips for this range will fit in your shiny HX6817. These brushes will do so much more than just give your teeth a quick scrub too. This includes brushes for dealing with major plaque and gum issues. There are also some options for whitening teeth.
Each brush head you buy comes complete with ‘BrushSync’ technology. This means that the brushes have a microchip in them. When you plug the brush in, the Sonicare HX6817 will recognise the brush. Throughout use, the toothbrush will be sending a signal of how long it has been used for, as well as how much pressure you’re using. There will be a handy indicator on the side of your electric toothbrush which will tell you whether your brush needs replacing or not. This is all based upon how you use your brush. It is personal to you.
Do bear in mind that because of the BrushSync technology, the cost of a brush for your Sonicare electric toothbrush will probably be a little bit higher than other products out there. However, they also seem to last longer than other brush heads. Unless you are brushing really hard, we doubt you will get through more than 4 of the heads in a year.
Makes Brushing Easy
The HX6817 has been designed to make brushing as easy as possible. There is an in-built pressure sensor which ensures that you will not ‘over brush’ and damage your teeth and gums. Included as well, is a handy little pacer built in. This pacer will beep every 30-seconds. This way you will know when you are done cleaning a quarter of your mouth. All of this contributes to a better and far more effective clean.
Perfect for Orthodontics
If you have used other electric toothbrushes before, you will know that not all of them are safe for dental work. Sometimes they will put a little bit of extra pressure on the teeth. Sometimes the brush heads are not designed all that well. They don’t feel good to use at all. They just cause pain. Thankfully, this isn’t an issue with the Sonicare HX6817. While it is not an electric toothbrush which has been specifically designed for those who have orthodontics in their mouth, it still works. The Sonicare HX6817 is extremely gentle on the teeth, all down to that awesome Sonicare technology that comes packed into every unit.
As a note; if you do want to ensure that this electric toothbrush will give you the best possible clean if you are wearing orthodontics, we suggest that you pick up a couple of extra brush heads. There are specific orthodontic ones which will make the cleaning process so much easier for you.
Best Sonicare Toothbrush Downsides
The only ‘major’ issue with the Sonicare HX6817 is that the vibrations of the toothbrush can take a while to get used to. For some reason, this Sonicare electric toothbrush feels like it vibrates a little bit more than it’s competitors. If you think it might be an issue for your child, checkout this kids electric toothbrush. For a quality clean like this though, we are willing to put up with a little bit of vibration.
That being said, you probably won’t even notice the vibration. The Sonicare HX6817 comes equipped with an ‘easy-start’ mode. This mode is designed to be used for the first few days of owning the electric toothbrush. Each day, the toothbrush will increase the amount of vibration it makes. This ensures that you have ample opportunity to get used to the idea of using a toothbrush like this.
Is This Really The Best Sonicare Toothbrush?
The Sonicare HX6817 is definitely one of our best toothbrush picks. Yes. It does vibrate a little bit more than other options. However, it can hold a charge for 14-days. The battery inside will last years. It can be used with multiple well-designed brush heads and feels great in your hands. You will be hard pressed to find a deeper or better clean. This all combines to make this the best Sonicare electric toothbrush on the market.
Let’s face it, getting your kids to brush and floss is virtually impossible. In fact, it can be hard for us too, to follow a regimented oral healthcare routine. The Philips Sonicare HX6321 might be the kids electric toothbrush that will get them to want to brush, rather than doing it because they have to. So, what sets this kids electric toothbrush apart from others? Is it the best model for you to invest in as a parent, when trying to get your kids to care about oral hygiene and health? Let’s find out.
The Features of the Kids Electric Toothbrush
With several options to choose from when buying a kids electric toothbrush, you want one that your kids are actually going to want to use. Seems like a challenge, right? But, with the Philips Sonicare brush, designed specifically with kids in mind, it might not be so daunting to get them to want to brush. Some of the product features that sets this brush apart from others includes
- There’s a fun app kids can connect to, which makes brushing more engaging and fun
- Built-in bluetooth allows your kids to connect with smart devices and engage in games while brushing
- There’s a coaching app to teach kids proper brush techniques for better hygiene
- It includes 1 brush head and 10 fun, interchangeable stickers
- There’s a built-in kids timer and pacer, to make sure they brush for 2 minutes, and move to a different quadrant every 30 seconds
- The app and Bluetooth connectivity keeps track of their brushing habits and progress
- At 500 strokes per second, the dynamic brushing heads sweep food, plaque, and debris from in between teeth and their gum lines safely
- There are two, kid-friendly power mode settings for different ages
- A large and small brush head are included, so your kids can keep using this brush as they get older
The Benefits/ Drawbacks of the Sonicare Toothbrush
When considering a new kids electric toothbrush, you want something with excellent features and design, that ensures your kids are properly caring for and maintaining their teeth. Between this product or the Braun electric toothbrush, we know we need to make it engaging. These are some of the best features, as well as some drawbacks to consider, if you are thinking about purchasing this kids electric toothbrush for your child.
Some of the features which set this kids electric toothbrush apart from others are:
- The engaging app and fun games for brushing
- There’s a small and large brush head, designed for kids at different age levels
- The brush modes for kids of different ages helps prevent over-brushing or powering the gum line
- Exciting rewards for successful brushing completion ensures your kids improve their oral hygiene, and actually want to keep going to get more awards
- It comes with 10 fun stickers, so they can customize their toothbrush
- The rubberized brush head helps protect your children’s teeth as they are developing
- Up to 500 strokes per minute is far faster than manual brushing, while not being overpowering, which can help kids learn proper technique as they get older
- There are easy click-on brush heads which are easy to switch
- The kid-timer and rubber grip for easy handling, makes this brush ergonomic so kids won’t have a hard time working around tight corners or their back teeth when brushing
- It is compatible with iOS as well as Android devices, so your kids can interact and enjoy the games and features of this kids electric toothbrush, regardless of which devices they are going to connect on when using the app for interactive brushing and online learning
- It includes a two-year warranty with purchase
It’s also important to know some of the drawbacks before you choose this kids electric toothbrush over another model. Some of the drawbacks include:
- The 500 strokes per minute isn’t as powerful as other brushes
- The games/app might not entice all kids
- The voltage is 110 to 220, meaning the rechargeable toothbrush is only compatible with outlets in the US/North America; it can’t be used outside of these areas
- There are only two power modes, so this doesn’t account for some oral hygiene/dental care needs for some kids
- Coaching app and some awards are not going to force kids to brush; it might encourage them, but not all kids will follow through
Parents are still going to have to instill good oral hygiene practices if they want their kids to get the most out of the toothbrush. There are some great coaching games and features. However, it is still important to understand some of the drawbacks with this toothbrush. These are all important things to consider in deciding the best electric toothbrush for your children.
Is this the Best Kids Electric Toothbrush Available?
As a parent, you want to invest in the best kids electric toothbrush for your child. Not only to ensure they are learning proper brushing habits, and are going to carry these through to adulthood, but also to install the right values. If your child is older and wants something more mature, we would definitely recommend the best Sonicare toothbrush. It’s important that they do not have to deal with dental issues, cavities, or other dental work, as they age. .
The Philips Sonicare HX6321 is a great brush for some, but not all kids. It’s best suited for:
- Younger children learning to brush
- Kids who require “incentive” to brush
- Those who like games and progression, as it will motivate them
- Children who are learning the basics or are just starting to brush
We hope we’ve made it a bit easier deciding what the best toothbrush might be for you or your kids. It’s ideal for younger kids (maybe 10 or younger). It’s also not a great option for kids who have heavy plaque build-up or require greater pressure/power when brushing. If your kids are more mature, the games and apps may be a bit pedestrian as well. So, although it’s a great toothbrush, the kids electric toothbrush is not for all kids/ages. Parents should weigh the good and bad aspects to determine what kids electric toothbrush is right for their child.
There are many great electric toothbrushes you can purchase, but one of the most well-known brands is the Braun electric toothbrush. Whether you’re looking to improve overall oral health and hygiene, spend less time with a manual toothbrush, or bring out the brilliance and shine in your smile, you know the many benefits of brushing with a manual toothbrush. The Oral-B Pro 1500, Powered By Braun electric toothbrush, is a great option for those who want something powerful, well-made, and with excellent features, for an affordable price.
Features of the Braun Electric Toothbrush
Obviously, you want the best electric toothbrush when you’re investing in your oral health. Some of the great features which set the Oral-B Pro 1500, Powered by Braun, electric toothbrush apart from other brushes includes
It has the 3D white brush head which guarantees a whiter smile after just one week’s use3D action oscillates, rotates, and pulsates plaque and debris, getting deeper in between teeth for improved cleaning actionThe pulsating action works close to the gum line, to help improve gum health and reduce puffiness and bleeding after a short period of useThe designed polishing cup on the brush head, is meant to help polish and remove stains from your teeth’s surfaceA built-in pressure sensor informs you by stopping if you’re applying too much pressure near the gum line when brushing
There’s one brushing mode you can utilize with the electric toothbrush; additionally, it features the built-in two-minute timer, which ensures you’re brushing for the Dentist’s recommended minimum, each time you utilize your Pro 1500 electric toothbrush. It’s also brought to you by Oral-B, which is one of the most reputable and trusted names in oral hygiene, so you can rely on the quality and precision you’re going to get from the Braun electric toothbrush.
Braun Electric Toothbrush Details
Outlined here are the details which makes this particular toothbrush standout:
- It has a soft brush head with polishing cup design
- The bristle material is nylon which is soft on teeth and gums
- It includes a 2-year limited warranty with your purchase, one of the best you will find
- Brush heads are compatible with the Pro 1500, so you can utilize interchangeable brush heads
- It includes the power brush charging station for quick charge capabilities
- The rechargeable battery lasts for up to 7 hours of continuous use on a single charge
- It’s compatible with: Precision care, floss action, cross action, and sensitive gum care brush heads
Looking for a rechargeable toothbrush that charges quickly and operates easily? Perhaps you just want something that’s compatible with different brush heads for superior cleaning. In either case, this electric toothbrush is would be perfect for you.
There are several great features and qualities which set the Braun toothbrush apart from other toothbrushes in the electric category. Some of the pros include:
- The toothbrush features the built-in timer. This allows you to work all four quadrants of your mouth for the recommended time each day
- 3D cleaning action is superior to traditional brushing; it removes plaque buildup at the gum line, and penetrates in between your teeth for powerful cleaning action
- It is well-priced in a highly competitive marketplace, at under $50 for this excellent toothbrush
- It’s compatible with multiple brush heads. You can change your brushing habits as you like. You can target different oral health and hygiene concerns you want to improve with your brushing
- The toothbrush retains a charge well, for about 7 hours on a single charge
- The handle pulses every 30 seconds to trigger you to move to the next quadrant of your mouth while brushing
- 2 Brushing Modes, clean & sensitive
- Clean: Helps break up and sweep away plaque from the gum line and teeth.
- Sensitive: Less pressure and pulses per minute.
- Removes up to 300% more plaque and buildup than manual brushing alone
- Guaranteed to whiten and remove surface stains within one week of use
- The brush is backed by Oral-B, the top recommended name in dental care, and is backed by a 2-year warranty
The Braun electric toothbrush is one of the best electric toothbrush models you can buy. It comes from one of the top names in oral hygiene and dental care, at an affordable price point.
Before choosing the Pro 1500 Braun electric toothbrush, you’re also going to want to consider some of the drawbacks. It does offer several great features, at an affordable price point amongst the other toothbrushes in the market. However, there are some areas where it is lacking as well. Some of the cons include:
- It only has two brushing modes, clean & sensitive.
- The toothbrush is compatible with several additional brush heads. You will have to purchase these separately, which of course, will increase the cost.
- The voltage accepted is 110v, which is typically compatible for North American use. If you travel, it might require an adapter, depending on your destination.
Although there are a few drawbacks, the Braun electric toothbrush is still a great option. Particularly for those who want a good value and might not need extra tips, cleaning modes etc.
Is it Worth the Investment?
Yes, for some. If you’re looking for something specific like a kids electric toothbrush or just something budget friendly, we’ve got you covered. The Braun electric toothbrush is a great option, including several great features. Boasting timed mode, it is also compatible with various brush heads from other models such as the Pro 1000. The 1500 Pro removes up to 300% more plaque than manual brushing. It also guarantees to deliver whiter teeth in one week.
However, you have a few dollars to spare, the Pro 7500 is a superior model. It has more features, better voltage range for international travel and includes additional brush heads and modes.
If you’re still not sure if this is the right model for you, be sure to checkout our best toothbrush review page for other options. For average, everyday use, the Braun electric toothbrush is a great option.
When it comes to oral health, Oral-B is one of the leading brands that manufacture a rechargeable toothbrush. Therefore, we expected huge things from them, introducing the Oral-B Pro 1500. Thankfully, the Pro 1500 met these expectations with ease. In fact, in more than exceed them. Let’s take a little look, shall we?
Our Top Rechargeable Toothbrush Pick: Oral-B Pro 1500
The Oral-B Pro 1500 is an electric toothbrush created and designed by Braun, but with the Oral-B branding put on top of it. Anybody who has ever tried a Braun product (they are well-known for electric razors and the like) will know to expect absolutely superb quality on anything that comes from their team of designers.
This product claims to remove 300% more plaque than a manual toothbrush. Now, obviously, this is a claim that we can’t put to the test. However, we do know that if you use the Oral-B Pro 1500, your teeth will feel a lot cleaner. They look a lot cleaner too. It is as if this electric toothbrush will bring out the shine in your teeth. No longer will you feel embarrassed by your smile.
Despite the relatively low price in comparison to other rechargeable toothbrushes on the market, there are a ton of features packed into it. Features that will make the whole process of brushing your teeth easier and far more effective.
This is one of the cheaper rechargeable toothbrushes on the market, so you can’t expect it to be packed with a phenomenal battery. A single charge should be able to give you 14 x 2-minute brushes. So, a week’s worth of quality teeth brushing. Although, do be aware that it will take up to 22-hours to charge fully. We don’t see any reason why you can’t take it off of charge to give yourself a quick brush before you charge it again, it is probably not recommended. You will need to have a spare toothbrush handy for just one of the cleans per week. It isn’t that much of an issue, though. We have looked around at various electric toothbrushes, and the vast majority of them seem to be in the ballpark of a 22-hour charge.
What matters is that this is a rechargeable toothbrush. Some of the earliest products on the market ran on replaceable batteries. This is just frustrating. It is way too expensive to replace batteries. Because the toothbrush is constantly exposed to water, you would often find that the battery contacts inside would rust too. This would cause even further issues.
Rechargeable Toothbrush Brush Heads
This is one of our favorite features of the Oral-B Pro 1500. While it only comes with a standard brush head in the box, there is a massive range of them available. This includes brush heads designed to give the same motion as flossing, and others designed to give you whiter teeth. While we can’t say that Oral-B brush heads are some of the cheapest around, we can confidently say that they are the best around. A set of brush heads won’t cost you that much more than buying a few toothbrushes anyway, so they are not wildly expensive. They do last a while.
The included brush head is absolutely perfect for those deep cleans. The bristles are angled at a perfect 16-degrees (which is apparently optimal for teeth cleaning) and gives a 3D action which means you can surround your tooth with the brush. This gives the best possible clean. It is this brush head which will help you to remove the maximum amount of plaque.
Brushing too hard can damage your gums. Thankfully, the Oral-B Pro 1500 can help to prevent this. Obviously, you will need to put a little bit of pressure onto your teeth when you brush. If you press too hard, then the Oral-B Pro 1500 will either slow down or switch off the action completely. This will help to prevent bleeding gums and, of course, wearing down the brush a little bit too quickly. Not to mention the fact that an increased amount of pressure on the brush head can cause damage to the rechargeable toothbrush.
Rechargeable Toothbrush Timer
You know one of the most annoying things about brushing your teeth? Probably the fact that 2-minutes seems to be far longer than many of us think it is. Time goes slowly when we are brushing, and you never know when you are actually done. Thankfully, the Oral-B Pro 1500 will help here. It won’t speed up the tooth brushing process (you can’t rush perfection), it will tell you how long you have been brushing for. It will beep once every 30-seconds. This way you will know when to move on over to the next quarter of your mouth. Knowing exactly how long you have been brushing each area for will work absolute wonders for keeping your teeth nice and clean. No longer will you not be ‘brushing enough’.
Oral-B Pro 1500 – Two Cleaning Modes
This is probably the only downside to this rechargeable toothbrush, and it isn’t even a major issue. Unlike some electric toothbrushes on the market, the Oral-B Pro 1500 only has two cleaning modes. They include ‘Daily Clean’ and ‘Sensitive’. There are definitely other models that include more modes, some people don’t really need them. If you think this could be you, then you can save money by buying a toothbrush like this, instead of one that has features you won’t use. If you buy an electric toothbrush, you are probably only ever going to do a daily clean anyway. The included modes are useful, but if you’d like more, perhaps look at the best sonicare toothbrush. Otherwise, if it keeps the price down on an otherwise quality toothbrush, this is a truly excellent value.
Is This Recharegable Toothbrush Recommended?
Absolutely! If you are looking an affordable option, then you really aren’t going to find much on the market better than the Oral-B Pro 1500, for the money. Want to see the absolute best toothbrush or perhaps save a few more dollars? The fact that it has a range of brush heads available to extend the functionality of your electric toothbrush is an absolute godsend. This rechargeable toothbrush is absolutely, a worthwhile purchase.
When it comes to oral health and hygiene, the best toothbrush obviously goes a long way in helping to deliver that. Although there are several electric toothbrushes you can choose from, the best toothbrush is going to offer a variety of features, settings, and cleaning modes, that will set it apart from others. Outlined below are the three best toothbrush models Dental Detective found. Please see the highlights below to determine which model is right for you.
Dental Detective’s Best Toothbrush Ranking
- Highest Price, Most Options; Oral-B Pro 7500
- Best Value, Excellent Choice: Oral-B Pro 1500
- Great Value, Excellent Choice: Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 4100 HX6810
1. Oral-B Pro 7500; The Best Toothbrush – Period
The Pro 7500 series is the most expensive of our top picks, but for good reason. It offers more features, settings, greater speeds, and brush options to utilize than any other electric toothbrush on the market.
Pros & Cons
Some of the pros that this toothbrush delivers includes:
- There are multiple cleaning modes and a built-in timer
- A built-in pressure sensor monitors you when you are brushing too hard at the gum line
- You can connect with Bluetooth to a smartphone app to track your brushing, and oral health improvements
- It comes with two extra brush heads – Pro and Floss
- It’s available in four color options
- The 3D technology oscillates, pulsates, and rotates
- There are five cleaning modes (daily, gum care, sensitive, whitening, pro-clean)
- The quad-pacer reminds you when to move to a different quadrant while brushing
There are some cons to mention as well including:
- The oral app is intuitive, but doesn’t really promote better oral healthcare
- The travel accessories don’t offer much to users
- There’s no wireless smart guide
- The price point is higher than other models
The Primary Differences Between Our Best Toothbrush Models
Obviously, when comparing the best toothbrush models, you want to know the best and worst product features. But, what are the primary differences between these three brushes?
- Oral-B Pro 7500 has 5 brushing modes
- Other models have one brushing mode
- Oral-B Pro 7500 comes with additional brush heads
- Similar models don’t offer additional brush heads
- Oral-B brushes have the 3D cleaning technology
- Philips toothbrushes currently does not offer anything like this
- The price tag. The Oral-B 7500 is the most expensive, but if none of these items are show-stoppers, the other top picks can save you some money.
2. Oral-B Pro 1500, Powered By Braun
For those who want to buy the best toothbrush, the Oral-B family has several great models, including this Braun electric toothbrush. It delivers a superior clean over manual brushing, and is priced similarly to the Philips toothbrush. It removes up to 300% the plaque buildup at the gum line, in comparison to manual brushing as well. Superior 3D cleaning oscillates the brush heads quickly, and is clinically proven to deliver a deeper clean than manual brushing.
Pros & Cons
Some of the best features of this toothbrush are:
- 2 Cleaning modes, normal & sensitive
- 56-minute battery life (14 days, 2 minutes per day, 2 times per day)
- It rotates and pulsates to break up debris and plaque at the gum line
- It features 3D cleaning, brushing up to 300% faster than manual brushing
- There are a wide range of replacement heads available
- A timer that stutters the motor 1 time every 30 seconds, and 3 times every 2 minutes
- The 16 degree brush head angle gets between teeth to remove food that’s lodged easier than manual brushing
- A pressure sensor stops and pulsates if you are brushing too hard at the gum line
Some of the drawbacks include:
- It comes with the CrossAction brush head and no extras
There are close to ten brush heads, but only one is included with the toothbrush. In previous models, like the Pro 1000, the toothbrush would just stop working when the battery was drained. In this Pro 1500 model, it will actually slow its motor down slightly, once it gets to that point. This will allow you to use it another 2 to 3 times, a solid perk of a rechargeable toothbrush.
3. Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 4100 HX6810
A final option when comparing the best toothbrush in the electric toothbrush battle is from a different brand, Philips. At a fair price point, coming in under $50, you can get up to 7 times the plaque removal than you do with manual brushing with this electric toothbrush model. There’s one cleaning feature/mode with this toothbrush, so it is lacking a bit in terms of settings/operability. It’s safe to use around the gum line and on dental work. it’s also safe to use for patients who wear braces.
Pros & Cons
Some of the best features this toothbrush delivers includes:
- Good for oral care with dental work (crowns, veneers, bridges, etc)
- There’s a smart timer (quadrant reminder)
- Good for those who wear braces to easily clean around the brackets
- Up to 7 times the plaque removal of traditional brushing
- Advanced technology sweeps between the teeth to remove plaque, debris, and buildup
- Delivers 62,000 brush strokes per minute
Some of the drawbacks of this toothbrush model are:
- There’s only one brush head
- Only one setting/brush option
- It’s only compatible with 110 to 220 voltage (North America)
Some of the brush features are lacking with this toothbrush. It might be the best toothbrush for those who want something simple, easy to use, and affordable in the marketplace.
Verdict… What’s the Best Toothbrush for You?
So, what is the best toothbrush for you? The answer will vary on what you’re looking for. Looking for a kids electric toothbrush? For the budget conscious shopper who is looking for the best toothbrush, the Oral-B 1500 or Philips toothbrush are the top options. Both are priced at the same rate, and offer similar features. The primary difference between these two models is the 3D clean by Oral-B which Philips doesn’t offer. Additionally, the Oral-B brush offers additional brush heads, which Philips doesn’t. If you’re looking for the best toothbrush for an affordable price, both models are relatively close, so it may end up being more of a brand preference than actual feature/design preference.
For those who want the best toothbrush, regardless of price, the Oral-B 7500 series is the obvious winner. More features, more brush modes, 3D clean technology, the smartphone app, and the alternative brush heads, help set it apart from the other two brushes. Although the price is much steeper, if you can afford it, and just want the best toothbrush overall, regardless of pricing, this is the top choice for you to invest in when buying a new electric toothbrush. With several models to choose from, it can be tough to find the best toothbrush out there, but these are three great electric models to consider investing in when you’re ready to buy a new brush.